Becoming a member of LinkedIn can be a great way to network, find jobs and promote your business!
LinkedIn is good company to be in:
- The LinkedIn community has grown to over 200 million users around the world
- The average LinkedIn member has an average annual household income of $109,000
- Two people create a LinkedIn profile every second!
- Nearly 50% of LinkedIn members have decision-making authority for their companies
- The people on LinkedIn are there primarily to network or grow their business
LinkedIn allows you to:
- Show people where you’ve come from and who you are; it’s an online resume that can work for you all day long!
- Get others to endorse you via online recommendations that back up claims you make about your professional abilities and character
- Share links, images or documents that demonstrate work you’ve done
- Get introductions to potential employers, colleagues, or clients in your field
- Directly search member job postings
- Join various groups that align with your interests and participate in discussions. Having an interest group in common with another LinkedIn member is one way you can invite others into your network and have access to group job listings.
- Be more connected than you could have ever imagined. In business, it’s all about who you know. With LinkedIn, you can benefit from the connections of people you know and benefit others with your connections.
To get started on LinkedIn, you’ll need to:
- Know how you’d like to use LinkedIn. Are you directing people to your website? Are you looking for employment? What you want out of the social network will determine how you use it.
- Create a login and take the time to create a profile that demonstrates your unique strengths and experience.
- Check in frequently and make connections to resources that align with your current or desired field.
With a few basics in place, you can market yourself or your business worldwide!
If you’d like more help getting started on LinkedIn, email email@example.com to receive information on upcoming training workshops!