them and may well truly be established by the publisher.
Job Title: Project Controller
Direct Reports: Yes
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Compensation Type: Salary
As a Project Controller you will be tasked with performing a wide variety of accounting duties and responsibilities in an efficient, timely and accurate manner in an environment that is fast paced and ever changing to meet the needs of our business. You will be partnering with company leadership, project management, estimating and more to meet the crucial needs of our business and this is a key and very important hire.
Essential Functions Duties and Responsibilities Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited, to the following
Essential Function – 100%
- Assist Project Managers and Regional/Corporate Leadership with financial analysis throughout the month regarding project performance
- Analyze project financial performance for accuracy, profit risks and opportunities and cashflow
- Prepare/Support Work-In-Progress (WIP) reviews
- Record project revenue and margins in compliance with ASC 606
- Manage commission payout and accrual process
- Support inventory valuation management
- Drive accounts receivable reduction through the billing and collections processes. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Monthly Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Assist with accounting tasks and reporting as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
- Seven years of accounting experience required
- Three years of in-depth project accounting experience (POC and ASC606 experience)
- Strong excel skills required
- Vista by Viewpoint experience preferred
- Project Accounting experience in construction preferred
- Solid analysis and critical thinking capability
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, highly organized, and detailed-oriented.
- CPA Preferred (not required)
- Office (Hybrid possible)
Is this a DOT safety-sensitive position? No
Is this a safety-sensitive position? Yes
Travel: <10% or as needed; periodic travel to project sites
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day to day in order to accomplish tasks.